Quadruple the sights, sounds, and sizzle on this South American holiday through three of the continent’s most scintillating countries. As you samba through Brazil, tango through Argentina, cueca through Chile, and dance the marinera through Peru, your toes will meet the liveliest of dance floors, the sandiest of beaches, and the most storied of streets. Guided visits to the vibrant cities of Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Santiago, and Lima are perfectly balanced with quieter excursions to lush rain forests, chic waterfront resorts in Patagonia, and even a rural Argentine ranch where you can saddle a horse and be a beret-wearing gaucho for the day. Traditional open-fire barbecues and crispy empanadas will satisfy your cowboy cravings throughout your South American journey, while witnessing both sides of thundering Iguassu Falls, cruising Patagonian fjords beneath the soaring peaks of the Andes and visiting Chile’s renowned wine country will quench your thirst for scenic adventure. Your South American holiday wouldn’t be complete without sipping a Pisco sour and drinking in the wonder of Machu Picchu. See the ruins of the Lost City and the Sacred Valley, and the cultural uprising of “it” cities Lima and Cusco. Looking for the perfect introduction to sensational South America? How about the “Meeting of the Waters” where the chocolate-hued Rio Negro flows alongside the yellowish Rio Solimões without ever mixing. You’ll also meet monkeys, catch piranhas, and explore a native caboclo village when you begin your tour of South America in Brazil’s Amazon.
- We’ve packed everything you need for the perfect holiday—from hand-selected hotels and dining to the friendly expertise of Globus Tour Directors and Local Guides; to seamless transportation between destinations and VIP access to the world’s most iconic sites!
- Touring by private, air-conditioned motorcoach, Free Wi-Fi (where available).
- Prices are for all land arrangements including intra-tour flights and taxes.
- Maximum enjoyment of this holiday requires walking on cobblestone streets, uneven pathways, and climbing stairs. Elevations exceeding 10,000 feet can make even modest exertion a challenge. Maximum elevation on this tour is 13,000 ft.
- For your overnight stay in Machu Picchu, you will only be allowed to bring an overnight bag weighing no more than 11 pounds due to luggage restrictions on the train. Your main luggage will be stored at the Cusco hotel where you will return for an overnight the following night.